10 Genius Cleaning Hacks you Need To Know: Tips and Tricks to Make Cleaning Faster, Easier, and More Efficient
Cleaning can be a tedious and time-consuming task, but it’s a necessary one if we want to keep our homes and workspaces clean and organized. Luckily, there are plenty of cleaning hacks that can make the process faster, easier, and more efficient. From using household items in unexpected ways to streamline your cleaning routine, these tips and tricks are sure to help you save time and energy. In this blog post, we’ll share 10 genius cleaning hacks that you need to know. Whether you’re a busy parent, a working professional, or just someone who wants to make cleaning less of a chore, these hacks are sure to come in handy. So, let’s get started and discover how to clean smarter, not harder!
10 Cleaning Hacks you need to Know!
Cleaning is an unavoidable task that we all must do, but it’s not always an enjoyable one. From scrubbing the shower to dusting the furniture, it can be a tedious and time-consuming process. But fear not, because there are some genius cleaning hacks that you need to know. These cleaning hacks can make this chore a breeze. In this article, we will be sharing ten tips and tricks that will help you clean your home faster, easier, and more efficiently. Whether you’re a busy parent, a professional, or just someone trying to make cleaning less of a hassle, these hacks are guaranteed to come in handy.
1. Use vinegar to clean your showerhead
Another cleaning hack that can save you time and money is using vinegar to clean your showerhead. Over time, mineral deposits can build up in your showerhead, affecting its water pressure and efficiency.
- Simply fill a plastic bag with enough white vinegar to submerge the showerhead.
- Secure the bag in place with a rubber band. Let the showerhead soak in the vinegar for at least 30 minutes, or longer if it’s particularly dirty or clogged.
- After soaking, remove the bag and use a toothbrush or scrub brush to remove any remaining buildup or residue.
- Finally, run hot water through the showerhead to rinse it clean.
Vinegar is a great natural cleaning solution that can effectively remove mineral buildup and leave your showerhead looking and functioning like new.
Not only will this hack remove the buildup, but it can also help prevent mildew and mold growth in your shower.
2. Get rid of stains on your carpet with baking soda and vinegar
Carpet stains are a common household problem, and they can be tough to remove. But before you reach for expensive cleaning products or call a professional, try this simple and effective hack. All you need is baking soda and white vinegar.
- Start by sprinkling baking soda over the stained area. Make sure to cover the entire stain with a thick layer of baking soda. Then, pour white vinegar over the baking soda. You should see some fizzing and bubbling – this is the chemical reaction that helps to break down the stain.
- Let the baking soda and vinegar sit on the stain for at least 15 minutes. You can let it sit for longer if the stain is particularly stubborn. Then, use a clean cloth or sponge to blot the area. You should see the stain lifting and transfer onto the cloth.
- Once you’ve removed as much of the stain as possible, rinse the area with water and let it dry. If there’s any residual odor from the vinegar, you can add a few drops of essential oil to the area.
This hack is not only effective, but it’s also eco-friendly and affordable. Plus, you probably already have these ingredients in your pantry. Give it a try and see the magic happen!
3. Clean your microwave with lemon
If your microwave is looking a little worse for wear, this hack is for you. All you need is a lemon and some water.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add some water and place the bowl in the microwave.
- Turn the microwave on for about three minutes or until the mixture boils.
- Let it sit for a few more minutes to allow the steam to work its magic.
- Then, use a clean cloth or sponge to wipe down the inside of the microwave.
The lemon will not only remove any stains or odors but will also leave your microwave smelling fresh and clean. Plus, this hack is a great way to use up leftover lemons before they go bad.
4. Use dryer sheets to dust your home
In addition to using natural cleaning solutions, there is another household item that can aid in your cleaning routine: dryer sheets. These handy sheets can be used to dust various surfaces around your home with ease. The anti-static properties in dryer sheets help repel dust and keep surfaces cleaner for longer. Not only are they great for dusting blinds, baseboards, and your car interior, but they can also be used on the upholstery to help remove pet hair.
5. Remove pet hair from your furniture with rubber gloves
If you share your home with a pet, you know the struggle of removing pet hair from your furniture. It seems like no matter how much vacuuming or lint-rolling you do, the hair just keeps coming back. But there’s a simple solution to this problem that you may not have thought of as rubber gloves.
To use this cleaning hack, simply put on a rubber glove and run your hand over the furniture. The rubber will create static electricity that attracts the pet hair, making it easier to pick up. You can even dampen the glove slightly for more effectiveness.
Once you’ve removed the pet hair, you can toss the rubber glove in the wash to use again later. This hack is not only efficient, but it’s also eco-friendly and cost-effective.
6. Clean your blinds with vinegar and an old sock
Cleaning your blinds can be a tedious task, but with this hack, it can be done in no time.
Simply grab an old sock and pour some vinegar onto it. Then, use the sock to wipe down each individual slat on your blinds. The vinegar acts as a natural cleaning agent, removing any dust or grime that may have accumulated over time. Plus, using an old sock rather than a traditional cleaning cloth means you’re repurposing an item that might have otherwise ended up in the trash.
7. Make your own all-purpose cleaner with essential oils
Making your own cleaning solution can seem daunting, but with essential oils, it’s a breeze.
- Start with a spray bottle and add 1 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Then, add 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil, such as lavender, lemon, or peppermint.
- Shake well and voila!
You have an all-purpose cleaner that’s free from harsh chemicals.
Not only does this cleaner smell great, but it also has natural cleaning properties. Essential oils have antibacterial and antiviral properties, making them effective in killing germs and bacteria around your home. Plus, you can customize the scent to your liking, making cleaning a more enjoyable experience.
8. Efficiently clean your windows without leaving streaks
Using a commercial window cleaner can often leave streaks on your windows, which means you have to redo the cleaning process. However, there is a simple solution to this problem. All that is required is a few household items, including vinegar, water, and a microfiber cloth.
- Mix together equal parts of vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
- Generously spritz the solution onto your windows.
- Next, use a microfiber cloth to wipe away the solution, making sure to wipe it in one direction. This will prevent streaks from forming.
Efficiently cleaning your windows without leaving streaks will not only save you time but also make your windows look crystal clear. With this hack, you can complete your cleaning tasks quickly and move on to other things.
9. Organize your Cleaning Supplies with a Shower Caddy
When I was working as a professional cleaner for a hotel chain this is what we did! To make cleaning even more efficient, consider organizing your supplies with a shower caddy. This will save you time and energy by allowing you to easily carry your cleaning products from one room to another. With your supplies at hand, you can tackle multiple cleaning tasks without the need to run back and forth to retrieve forgotten items.
10. De-clutter your home with the ’10-minute tidy’ rule
To make the most of your cleaning efforts, it’s crucial to first address the clutter in your home. It’s easy to accumulate items we don’t really need or use, leading to a cluttered and overwhelming living space. That’s where the “10-minute tidy” rule comes in handy.
The rule is simple: set a timer for 10 minutes and focus on one small area at a time. This can be a drawer, shelf, or even just a corner of a room. Sort through the items in that area and keep only what you need or love. Donate or discard the rest. Repeat this process throughout the week, focusing on one area each time.
Not only does this method help eliminate clutter, but it also helps break down the task of cleaning into manageable chunks. Instead of feeling overwhelmed by the thought of tidying up your entire home, you can focus on one small area at a time. Plus, with the extra space you’ll create by eliminating excess items, you’ll find it easier to clean and maintain your home going forward.
And that’s my list of cleaning hacks you need to know! I hope you have something to take away from this list!
In summary, cleaning can be transformed from a dreaded chore to a much simpler and faster experience with these 10 genius cleaning hacks that you now know. By using household items in unexpected ways, you can clean smarter, not harder. Remember that a clean home or workspace can lead to a more productive and less stressful life. So, next time you’re faced with a cleaning task, try out these cleaning hacks and enjoy the benefits of a cleaner and more organized space.
If you are looking for more articles to get you motivated to clean, check out:
- 8 Cheap Bathroom Cleaning Hacks That You Probably Didn’t Know
- 10 Dirtiest Places in Your Home that You Should Clean Now
You can support me by checking out my Etsy Store, I sell all sorts of handmade things: