This is the best Greek potato salad without mayo I have ever tasted. It’s sure to be a dinner party favorite and the best part is you probably don’t need to go out of your way to buy ingredients because the ingredients are so common, they are probably sitting in your cupboard right now.
This recipe is vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free making it an extremely safe dish to take to dinner parties. This can be served warm or cold. Personally, I love it warm and fresh but this salad will last a couple of days if kept in an airtight container in the fridge. Remove the walnuts to make them nut-free. The walnuts can be omitted and replaced with olives, raisins, or something of that type. I really like the walnuts in this salad as it adds a little bit of a crunch!
Ready to start making?Jump to Recipe
What you need:
This is what you need to make this salad, You probably have most of these ingredients and if you don’t, swap it out or leave it out. This salad is extremely adaptable.
- Red onions
- Green onions
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Boil the potatoes
- Make the dressing
- Combine everything together
- Serve warm or cold
Greek Potato Salad Without Mayo
- 1.5 KG small potatoes (skin on, clean)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 3 green onions, thinely sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped dill
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the Potatoes, with the skins on in one teaspoon of salt. This sould take 15-20 minutes.
- Make the dressing. In a bowl, whisk all of the ingredients for the dressing. Vinegar, mustard, oregano, garlic, oil. Combine well.
- Drain the Potatoes and dice into piecesa about 1×1 inch
- Add the red and green onions to the dressing along with walnuts parsley and dill. Whisk until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the potatos and toss or gently fold to combine.
- serve warm, but this is just as delicious cold.
I hope you enjoyed that Greek potato salad without mayo. Let me know how you go with it and if you made any changes I would love to know that too. If you enjoyed this recipe, why not try out one of my others: